Monday, January 13, 2014

Clean Slate



This past weekend I finally rounded up all of my Christmas decorations that were scattered around the house. Although, I will admit there wasn't much to pick up. In fact, we didn't even get a tree this year. We usually get ours the day after Thanksgiving but this year we postponed our annual outing until a week prior to Christmas so all of Nate's out of state family could join us. By that point I was pretty burnt out on the Christmas decor let alone trying to keep a tree alive for the next week. 
( PLUS it meant I didn't have those toe poking needles to vacuum up ) No tree - Okay with me.

So the few things I dug out of the attic were once again reunited with their plastic bins and dusty cobwebs. And in turn, I get to decorate all over again. Happy girl right here.

Of course my color palette of choice after a long holiday season of red, greens and various bright colors would be none other than neutrals. White is my new best friend for the next month or two. 







Serenity in the living room once again.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I love your style :)

Michele said...

I love Christmas and love the lights on the tree but I admit it...after I took it down and my living was back to normal it felt really nice. Plus...I HATE un-decorating the tree.

Fletcher @ High Cotton Style said...

So peaceful! Do you remember when it was "bad luck" to leave Christmas decorations up after January 1st? I still have some to put away...

Julie K. said...

I think that white and beige color combinations are the best option for a cozy home. You put that altogether beautifully and that cat looks very comfortable either.
Tone on tone is the best way to decorate a cozy place. I would like to sit there and rest, that's for sure!

Joi said...

Magazine worthy, girl!